Rice is awesome. It’s cheap, simple and versatile. Once you understand how to make rice, a whole world of dishes open up to you. So let’s get started.
Although there are more than 40,000 varieties of cultivated rice in existence (SeeRice Association), for our purposes I am going to break it down to the 3 different kinds that I generally cook with below. Although totally optional, some rinse or soak rice in a strainer before cooking. All recipes below serve 1-3 people.
- Taste: Clean tasting, fluffy and tender consistency.
- Nutrition: Very little to no nutritional value, some fiber.
- Tip: Shorter cooking time, longer shelf life.
- Cooking Time (based on 1 cup of rice): 15 – 18 minutes
- Taste: Nutty flavor, slightly chewy and earthy consistency.
- Nutrition: Fiber and usually contains vitamin E and nutrients like magnesium, manganese and…
View original post 164 more words