- U.S. Regulations Implementing the Volcker Rule for Covered Funds (Part 1): In part 1, Fried Frank partner Christopher J. Bellini explores what entities and activities fall within the ambit of the Volcker Rule. He will also explain the exclusions available from being considered a covered fund and the applicability of the Volcker Rule to an excluded fund.
- U.S. Regulations Implementing the Volcker Rule for Covered Funds (Part 2): In part 2, Fried Frank partner Christopher J. Bellini explores the exemptions available under the Volcker Rule. He will also cover “Super 23A” prohibitions on transactions between a banking organization and exempted covered funds and restrictions on material conflicts of interest and exposures to high risk assets and trading strategies.
- Antitrust Issues: Joint Ventures and other Competitor Collaborations: Katten Muchin Partner James Calder identifies different types of joint ventures that competitors frequently form, the reasons that drive competitors to collaborate and the antitrust issues that are raised. Webcast attendance only.
- Electronic Discovery: Avoiding Disaster (Part 1): In part 1, James G. Ryan, partner and head of Cullen and Dykman LLP’s commercial litigation department, provides a foundation for attorneys litigating in today’s world by providing an overview of the seminal line of e-discovery cases known as Zubulake v. UBS Warburg LLC, which essentially created today’s current standards for an attorney and his or her clients’ e-discovery obligations, the importance of following the e-discovery rules, and potential consequences of not following these rules.
- Electronic Discovery: Avoiding Disaster (Part 1): In part 2, Cynthia A. Augello, senior associate at Cullen and Dykman LLP, provides an introduction and summary of each of the rules governing e-discovery. This program focuses on the basic skills required for navigating those rules, and the potential consequences of failing to properly follow them.
- Electronic Discovery: Avoiding Disaster (Part 1): In part 3, Sean R. Gajewski, associate at Cullen and Dykman LLP, focuses on the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM). The goal of this program is to introduce attorneys to the reference model and to assist them in developing strategies for effective and efficient data identification, collection, processing, review, and production.
- Antitrust Issues: Design, Negotiation and Operation of Joint Ventures Among Competitors: Katten Muchin Partner James Calder focuses on the practical issues that antitrust counsel must address during various stages of the life of the joint venture. Webcast attendance only.